Oct 22, 2015

Remembering Domestic Violence Awareness this month



domestic violence photo: Domestic Violence thumbnailCAP171VV.jpg











 I know this is a touchy subject for some, but I am brave enough to speak on this subject. I know what domestic violence looks like and it doesn't look pretty  and it isn't' pretty!  Back in my younger days, I will be the first to admit that I was physically and mentally abused by my boy friend, who was a junky.   Back then, I was young and na├»ve and  didn't know of any domestic violence shelters in the area. I didn't want to go back to stay with my mother who was struggling with domestic violence herself, so I stayed with my abuser until I couldn't take it anymore.  I used to think it was normal because I witnessed my mom being abused for years by my step father.  I am so happy that there are shelters that abused women can go and get help from their abusers.  If you know someone who's being abused, please reach out to them and give them resources so that they and their child or children  can get free from their abusers.  I encourage abused women to get some go to work and have some kind of income so they wont be totally dependent on their abuser because abusers feel empowered when they are the only one bringing in an income.  I decided to write about this to raise awareness and to let others who are abused know that it's okay to speak out against abuse.
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14514431/?claim=7t74spjzadk">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments: